Want to save some cash while you’re traveling? Do you love the beach, surfing, and making new friends?
The Driftwood Surfer Hostel is always on the hunt for some super fun volunteers to keep the place running smoothly and to make sure our guests are having a good time. If you’re smiley, chatty and hardworking – then we want you to join Guatemala’s best hostel on the beach 🙂
What do we want from you?
We are searching for friendly and energetic people to join our little family. Our two key priorities are that you have fun and that you can set the vibe for our guests to enjoy themselves!
You are expected to be punctual and attentive to our guests while on shift. Additionally, a little bit of Spanish language knowledge and hospitality experience are also necessary.
Driftwood Surfer volunteers are asked to work 6 shifts a week, 6 hours per shift. The shifts are either running the swim up pool bar or the upstairs bar & restaurant.
When you’re not on shift, we have a bunch of activities you can participate in – like the sea turtle release, volleyball games, and more! Also, as a volunteer – you get unlimited free use of our surfboards!
Sometimes, we have other positions available! If you are a yoga teacher or have any tradesman skills – let us know!
What do we offer?
• A comfy bed in our staff dorm with air conditioning.
• Delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner – every day.
• Cost price alcohol, sodas, and smoothies.
• Bar tips!
• Access to our laundry facilities.
• Free use of our huge surfboard selection.
• Stay for free at our wide network of partner hostels in Guatemala.
• Discounted shuttles to other places in Guatemala.
• Three awesome bosses.
• Guaranteed good times.